Monday, October 18, 2010

Vintage Destination: Swift Vintage

I've been meaning to blog about the lovely Carrie of Swift Vintage for a few months now, ever since I accidentally stumbled upon her shop during one of my many trips to Burbank while I was planning my wedding. I'd actually seen Swift's shop on etsy, and had already been admiring some of their bright pieces, and was delighted to find that their brick and mortar shop was just as lovely and full of treasures as their online store. Plus, Carrie runs the place, perched behind her sewing machine, surrounded by well groomed dress forms while fixing up lovely old frocks and coats. She's pretty much living in my dream job. She's lovely, and she runs a lovely space:






Swift Vintage Shoppe & Sewing Studio
3212 & 3216 W Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 558-1289

And, I waltzed outta there with the best 70s plaid coat you've ever seen, hand stitched back to perfection by Carrie herself. Big heart. Little shop. I'll be back the next time I find myself in southern California.

No comments:

Related posts you'll probably be way into