Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vintage Destination: Retro Ranch, Phoneix AZ

Every time I visit a new place, I do a little research first on their thrift stores and vintage/antique shops. I was in Phoenix with a little extra time, recently, and spent all day crawling through some of their thrift stores. I've made a (hopefully) helpful map of Phoenix Vintage shops and other places that seem like they should be of interest if you ever make it out that way, and will share a few of my favorites on the blog.

Retro Ranch
4303 N 7th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85013
(602) 297-1971


Retro Ranch was a nice little shop specializing in mostly 50's - 70's furniture and housewares, with a neat little vintage clothing section in the back. Prices seemed reasonable, and the folks at the counter were friendly. Plus, the area it was located in had lots of similar vintage shops nearby (called the "Melrose" district, I believe).



Clothing section run by Lollypop Vintage.


I was excited to walk away with a set of four mint condition Frankoma (which I love was named after creator John Frank and the last three letters of the state of Oklahoma) mid-century platter plates, with the best imprint designed into the sides that reminds me of little aztec robots.

No comments:

Related posts you'll probably be way into