Friday, March 5, 2010

Film Inspiration: Alice in Wonderland

I went to a midnight showing of Tim Burton's new Alice in Wonderland last night, and liked it so much I didn't even yawn once despite the late hour. As always, Burton's characters are characters, and the imagery is stunning.

I especially liked the vintage feel to Alice's blue dresses, and her wonderful blue coat with rickrack dress underneath in the final scene.




Recreate the feel of an Alice dress with some vintage finds - poofy blue dress, smart spats and some fingerless wrist/hand warmers:



vintage blue dress | white spats | fingerless wrist covers

2 comments:

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

That blue coat is TDF!! Le sigh!

Veeda said...

this is an adorable inspiration. I was also blown away by her dresses, she was so ethereal. I loved them all!

Related posts you'll probably be way into