Friday, February 19, 2010

Sonia Rykiel pour H&M Spring 2010

As long as I am on the subject of collaborations ...

I've been trying not to buy too much new clothing this year, and only stick to thrifting or second hand stores like buffalo exchange, but i confess that i am probably going to break that resolution to pick up some of the H&M Sonia Rykiel knitwear that hits stores tomorrow. That striped yellow sweater and those studded pants are too great to pass up. I've always loved what Sonia could do with knit.



(photos from Sonia Rykiel pour H&M Spring 2010 lookbook)

I think there is part of me that still knows that these low-priced collaborations are lower quality than the designer originals. . . but the price tag makes it hard to beat. I'd sure prefer the real thing (especially vintage Sonia - yeehaw) but I like that these designers are putting their lovely pieces into the hands of more people. Or, maybe that is actually making what they do a little less special. What do you think - are these low priced collaborations diluting the brands of the designers putting their names on them? Do you think the designers are selling out?

No comments:

Related posts you'll probably be way into