Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Designer - Alexa Chung

I know, I know. Alexa Chung is, like, totally on everybody's "style inspiration" board and keeps getting called an "it" girl on all the blogs and gets photos posted in every issue of Teen Vogue, which means I REALLY want to dislike whatever it she is doing and write it all off as trendy overhype.



BUT. I must admit, she does have this really effortless casual style (see above), so it is hard to not get excited when the description of her new collaboration with Madewell (coming this Fall, and available at ShopBop) reads like this:

"Expect high-waisted pants and jeans, velvet dresses with Peter Pan collars, and a coat based on a vintage children’s one she found that originally came from Harrods. There will be nothing that nods to the eighties or nineties, because she’s not into either decade. 'I want to bring back forties tea dresses, sixties mod dresses. . . . I want to bring cute back.'" (from Vogue)

I guess I should be glad that if I ever ask myself "WWACW?", it will be easy to head to Madewell and find out.

(via sallyjane)

No comments:

Related posts you'll probably be way into